Friday, April 20, 2012

Book Review: Beltane by Erin O'Riordan


"Twin sisters Allie and Zen have always shared everything: including an unconventional upbringing at Pagan Spirits Farms. They even fall in love at the same time. Pagan priestess Allie thinks she’s met the man of her dreams in her buttoned-down lawyer fiancĂ©, Paul Phillip. But is he everything he seems? Zen, a witch gifted with the sixth sense, falls for Orlando. But there’s a catch: Orlando is married to someone else. As the celebration of Beltane nears, the sisters seem destined to be unlucky in love. But the Goddess moves in mysterious ways, and May Day may turn out to be magic for them after all."

Beltane by Erin O'Riordan
is the first of a series of 12. I loved this book. The relationships were so intense and real to me - the ups, the downs, the beginnings and endings. Although there is sex in this book, it is not tasteless or too much - just enough for a great romance. The paranormal aspect really gets me, too.

I had a very hard time putting this book down. It just flows so well that I did not even notice chapters. I tend to read at night while I lay in bed, and most times I will be like, "one more chapter and then I'll go to bed." This book I just kept going because I was so caught up.

1 comment: